We are looking for a skilled Junior Technical Development Consultant with a strong front-end development focus. As the complexity is increasing for most company’s supply chains, also new technologies are needed to simplify the complexity and build new processes around. Our technical development team is looking for new talents who can leverage their understanding of front-end web technology and database development while having the ability to communicate with the client in a way that is easy to understand. The task requires a creative, analytical mindset, and a strong drive to move forward while aiding the client with excellent process, communication, and technical skills.
At Optilon, we offer the possibility to design and implement solutions supported by market-leading applications. This is to answer our client’s challenges and create business value within Supply Chain Planning and Optimization.
We at Optilon believe that supply chain processes are fundamental from a results-oriented and sustainability perspective. Our vision is to help companies in the Nordics become the most competitive in the world. We do this by helping them answer the right questions connected to improving their supply chains.
Our company is founded on the belief that a single solution is not appropriate for all business needs. We continuously search for world-leading technologies that can be adapted to every conceivable customer need. Therefore, we have decided not to invest in our own logical and algorithmic technology engines. Instead, we identify which technology works best in specific situations.
This also means that as independent actors, we always provide objective recommendations. In other words, we combine world-leading technology with Nordic expertise.
You have experience from front-end web development technology, process, and web app realization projects together with an understanding of data integration and database development. Ideally, you have been involved in transforming concepts, user stories, and graphical UI design to live and functional web applications through custom code and logic. In addition, you have been testing and validating these based on established testing approaches. Your experience comes from developing applications and analyzing data and processes from one or several of the following industries: food and beverage, manufacturing, e-commerce, retail, and wholesale.
Experience within Supply Chain/Logistics, analytics, and AI is considered an advantage. You don’t need to know everything, but you have the right attitude and the will to learn.
Your focus areas will be
- Developing front-end web applications from UI and process requirements using a standardized front-end development framework
- Integrating web applications with enabling data sources and applications
- Assess and recommend user experience improvements
- Testing and validating developed applications for deployment
- Assisting our analytical and application consultants with data and algorithmic workflow processes powering web application components
- Demonstrate and communicate web application processes to external and internal stakeholders
- Contribute to enhancing the front-end development framework and its robustness for the future.
- Development experience and skills in the following web technologies are essential:
- CSS (Bootstrap)
- Microsoft SQL
- JSON/rest API’s
- Development/usage experience and skills from the following technologies are an advantage:
- Python, R, or Matlab
- PowerBI and/or PowerApps
- Adobe XD
- Azure DevOps
- Fluency in English and ideally Swedish/Danish/Finnish
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally
- Degree in Programming, Computer Science or similar
- Building strategic, tactical, and operational Supply Chain planning web applications with world-leading organizations
- A dynamic, stimulating, and open environment with great potential for personal development
- A friendly atmosphere, where senior managers are supportive, colleagues are always ready to help each other out, and great work is celebrated and rewarded
- Independent experience with first-rate supply chain applications
- Flexible location – join our team in Copenhagen, Helsinki, Stockholm, Malmö, or Gothenburg.